Day 184: The End
Whoo-Hoo!! It’s done. I loved every minute of the year, and I’m loving every second of the start of summer vacation. As Dr. Seuss said, “Oh, the places you will go.”
Addendum: I am starting a second year of Blogging 180 days. Here is the site: https://soar180year2.wordpress.com/
I’ve got great plans for my summer:
- Reflect on the good, the bad, and the ugly about this past year.
- Visit my dad
- Read Read Read (see my previous blog post)
- Learn to Infodoodle.
- Make cards and get my right brain active again.
- Have coffee (or a margarita) with friends I haven’t seen in a while.
- Ride my bike lots and get ready for the 2-day 200 mile ride in August!
- Spend some time on Twitter and maybe even get into some chats.
- Organize for next years courses
- Consider how to develop a Growth Mindset into my students
- Reflect on how to reinforce the need and desirability of retention in my students, especially the AP Statistics students
- Redo my AP Statistics class notes. I tried another teacher’s set, and I just don’t think it worked so well
- Revamp the flipped classroom videos for AP Stats
- Consider creating some flipped classroom videos for precalculus
- Mull over how to bring a purposeful focus on problem-solving and the math practices into the precalculus class again. Sure missed it this year and I think it made a difference in my students’ ability to approach non-routine problems.
Oh my gosh, I’m exhausted just thinking about what I want to do. But nothing is accomplished without first dreaming about doing it, right? And if I don’t get to everything, all is not lost. How are you planning on spending your summer?